From 13 May 2020 onwards, the government has allowed more outdoor activity and unlimited
exercise (along with the travel necessary to do so) within household groups, or with one other member of another household. The following steps will be put in place at the croquet club to ensure we
are Covid-19 Secure:-
- The club will continue the suspension of all group activities (eg learn to play courses, taster sessions, U3A sessions, club tournaments and social
- The club will provide sufficient means for the washing of hands and wiping of equipment.
- Equipment trolleys will be left out in the clubhouse when not in use, facing the windows to maximise exposure to ultraviolet light.
- Members will not attend the club if they have a cough, fever or fatigue or come from a household that is isolating because somebody in the household
- The club will lay out two FULL SIZE COURTS only (and not the smaller half size lawns).
- Play will be restricted to SINGLES PLAY ONLY (no doubles), so two people only per game.
- Double banking on the full-size courts will be permitted, so a maximum of four people per court.
- Numbers attending the club will be restricted through the use of an ON-LINE BOOKING system and members will not attend
unless they have pre-booked.
- Players will keep at least 2 metres (2 yards) between them during their play, with the striker walking away from the area of play before the
opponent walks toward it.
- Scoring clips will not be used.
- Players will not shake hands after each game but will convey their appreciation through other means (eg prayer hands, bow/curtsey, etc…).
- Socially distanced one-to-one or one-to-household coaching sessions may continue.
- Players will wash their hands in the clubhouse at the end of play and wipe down the equipment used.
- Any problems applying this protocol will be reported to a committee member as soon as possible.